The Fossil Fuel Divestment movement was born in 2012 to help our society draw the connection between the fossil fuel industry and global climate change. It aims to take away the social license the industry currently possesses to ruin the planet through it’s businesses practices. It also works to catalyze the dialogue around building a more healthy and sustainable future for our planet.
What is fossil fuel divestment? Click here to learn more about the history of divestment and how this social movement is helping to address climate change on a global scale.
Click below to learn more about the different campaigns in Minnesota!
The MN350 Divestment Team is up and running!
Wondering how you can get more involved with divestment in Minnesota by supporting existing campaigns? The MN350 Divestment Team meets twice a month to do just this! These meetings are open to the public and there is no divestment experience required to be a part of the divestment team. Click here for more details.
Minnesota Divestment Wins
On January 11th, the Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area passed a resolution to ask the national denomination to divest its funds from the fossil fuel industry. Click here to read more about this story and the instrumental role of youth in its success!
Click here to see which institutions in Minnesota have agreed to divest and find out how they did it.
Tools & Resources from MN350
As we go deeper into this campaign, know that MN350 is here to support and leverage your campaigns. Below is a list of resources for your campaign to take advantage of as needed. Our goal is to make a stronger movement by connecting those working on divestment to each other so we can be as effective as possible. To let us know of your interest and/or to give feedback, please fill out this form.
- Facebook Page – This is a space to directly share and link your campaign with others around the state.
- MN350 Website
- MN Divestment Google Group – Stay in direct communication with those working on divestment in MN.
- One on one collaboration and coaching. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a conversation.
- Weekly statewide campaign leader conference calls for campaign representatives.
- 2-5 hour campaign tool trainings at the location of your choice. Email email@example.com to schedule a workshop.
- Share your asks and stories through media and the national movement. MN350 is developing relationships with state and national press. Please send us your updates!
National Movement Updates
Check out the Fossil Free blog for a plethora of stories from around the nation.